LABEL: SELF RELEASED
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY JAZZ, IMPROVISATION
HOMETOWN: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
CURRENT LOCATION: LISBON, PORTUGAL
Currently, Javier is working on two projects where he explores different group setups.
His first recording, Autotelic, is based on a duo of piano and guitar with the renown Portuguese jazz pianist João Paulo Esteves da Silva.
The other project, Trance, consists of a series of compositions for trio (sax, guitar and drums) with young emerging jazz musicians from Portugal.
Javier is also starting his path in classical composition and his piece “Pensando Vientos” has been selected to be part of a workshop at the Annual Royal Music Association Conference in Bristol.
Currently, Javier is a professor at the Escola de Jazz da Fábrica do Braço de Prata where he teaches jazz guitar and jazz project production.
HIGH RES PICTURES
○ FINALIST AT THE EURORADIO JAZZ COMPETITION 2019.
○ GRANT FROM FUNDAÇÃO GDA FOR THE PRODUCTION OF HIS SECOND ALBUM “VARIACIONES” (2018).
○ FINALIST AT THE KOMEDA JAZZ FESTIVAL COMPOSERS’ COMPETITION 2018.
○ SEMI-FINALIST AT THE MONTREUX JAZZ FESTIVAL GUITAR COMPETITION 2015.
○ FINALIST AT THE OSCAR ALEMÁN INTERNATIONAL JAZZ GUITAR COMPETITION 2002.